WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

New Timber Tech Book

Posts

New Timber Tech Book

#1

New Timber Tech Book

Sgian Dubh

I hope it's not out of order to introduce this topic, but here's some news on a project I've worked on, on and off, for over a decade. It's the transformation of my manuscript on timber technology into a book. Release is provisionally scheduled for "early" 2018.

The publisher, Lost Art Press, asked me to put together a few blog posts in advance of the book's release. Blogging isn't really my thing, but I guess I'm a reasonably natural windbag, so the words kind of rolled off the tongue (keyboard?) fairly easily, ha, ha. Below are links to the first two blogs. Slainte.

Blog 1. Author's Introduction.

Blog 2. Why I wrote a book on timber technology.

Re: New Timber Tech Book

#2

Re: New Timber Tech Book

Don Stephan

Congrats Richard, I have been awaiting this since you first mentioned. And I won't even have to leave town to buy a copy from Lost Art.

Re: New Timber Tech Book

#3

Re: New Timber Tech Book

Sgian Dubh

Thanks Don. I hope the fuel costs to get a copy are cheaper than postal charges though, ha, ha. Slainte.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.