WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Posts

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#1

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis E Peacock

11 Dec 2017

Good Morning Everyone,

I've been working on a chair repair for some time now. Not much "focused" attention to working on it but off and on. I wished I was better at chair rebuilding and repair but all thost compound angles to match old school woodworking that made them has proven to be an extreme challenge to my skillset! My hope and prayer is that I finish this chair this week. I finally rebuilt my home PC and installed Windows 10 Pro. So far, I like it.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Dennis Peacock

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#2

Kneale Brownson

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Kneale Brownson

Completed some additional shelving for my wife's knitting/quilting/crafts shop. Just used shelf brackets on 1X4s, 1X12s and a bunch of lag and panhead screws.


img

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#3

Got Started

Mark Mandell - Gone Round In New Jersey

on two new bathroom vanities. One for my son will be painted, the other for a friend will be maple and finished. Picked up the maple ply for the casework from Lowes, and got the shop work area cleaned up so I'm not tripping over stuff not put away from the last several projects.

BTW, anyone here used Benny Moore's "ADVANCE" waterborne alkyd? Had wanted to use General Finish's Enduro poly in a custom color but they will only mix custom colors in full gallons at $120 per. As I'll only need a quart, that's too rich for the materials budget.

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#4

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Natural Light!

Jim in Burlington Ont.

My shop is progressing,

I added a Bay Window to bring in more natural light to my "studio", my work bench will be a joy to use in front of this space. I also finished the electrical for Melanie's Kiln's and potters wheel at the other end of the shop, it's going to be a fun place,

Take Care, Jim


Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#5

Re: Natural Light!

CJ in MPLS

I finally got around to adding sills to the windows in my shop a year or two ago. A lot of the time they look like the housefly version of nuclear winter: corpses and random stuff covered in a deep layer of fine powder. Throw in some horrific monsters (spiders) and the nightmare scenario is complete. You now have a fine stage for your very own diorama in the same apocalyptic style. ;)

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#6

Llamas for Christmas

John K Jordan

I took a couple of llamas and an alpaca to the Christmas parade in Oak Ridge this evening. Freezing cold with snow flurries but it didn't bother the llamas the least!

This is Ixchel and twin animal-loving friends with alpaca Dria and Bubinga:


This was the first time mama llama Ixchel was away from her cria, born in June. The baby was frantic when we drove away.

We were representing the South East Llama Rescue organization. The group:


Llamas are always a big hit with the kids. Good clean fun.

Also, making presents with a little help from a lathe.

And sadly, attended a funeral for a friend. The time will come for each of us.

JKJ

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#7

Re: Natural Light!

Tony - Memphis

Looks good! I have a nice double window in my shop that looks out over our yard. I was not smart enough to put my bench there! Now that I've got 20 years in the shop, it just wouldn't be practical to move it (20lbs in a 10lb sort of thing). The bay window will be very nice. Enjoy! My wife is an artist (painter mainly) - its best that we have separate work spaces! Ha!

Tony

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.