WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Spray Finishing Ladder Back Chairs

Posts

Spray Finishing Ladder Back Chairs

#1

Spray Finishing Ladder Back Chairs

Tom Norton

I have a project coming up that I will be finishing a number of chair, Shaker style dining room chairs. Some will be black some just a clear finish.

Wondering about a spraying technique for doing these?

I use a HVLP gun.

Thanks!

Re: Spray Finishing Ladder Back Chairs

#2

Re: Spray Finishing Ladder Back Chairs

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.

I have sprayed some. I turn them upside down to do the legs. Worry about what way overspray is headed.

Re: Spray Finishing Ladder Back Chairs

#3

Re: Spray Booths

Don Evans

What about these portable spray booths I've seen advertised?

I've seen 2 sizes of them, one of them appears large enough to set up in your driveway which should work for this project.

They fold up to store away, anybody got one and can say pro's and con's.

I've have a small table top booth inside my shop that exhaust to the outside and it is great for airbrushing but not enough room inside for stuff like chairs, not even close.

Link to large one:

http://www.rockler.com/homeright-spray-shelter

Be sure to look at the picture on her spraying in the driveway to get idea of size.

Don

Re: Spray Finishing Ladder Back Chairs

#4

A solution to a non problem

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.

" reduce overspray drift that would otherwise float away and settle on grass, plants or valuable items in your garage or shed." So instead it settles on what you just sprayed?

I have sprayed all colors of paint and my grass remains green. What this tent claims to accomplish isn't something I have found necessary to worry about. I do try to remember to move the car out of the way though.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.