WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Glastonbury UK

Posts

Glastonbury UK

#1

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Glastonbury UK

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Hi All, Walking around the side streets of Glastonbury this Sunday I detected that tell tale smell of oak in the air, no not a tree but some one working with it. Soon I turned a corner and found Bob working out of his home garage/Shop/Studio. He was working with European oak, a glue up that he was going to commit a router to, creating a panel for his kitchen renovation. We had a nice chat and I moved on, nice to stumble on and see someone else gripped by our passion.

Take care, Jim


Re: Glastonbury UK

#2

Re: Glastonbury UK

John K Jordan

What a nice surprise for your day! Makes me wonder how many people around the world love to work wood.

On my last trip to Italy a friend took me to his woodworking friend's shop to get some olive wood. Although we communicated mostly by hand gestures it was fantastic to learn about his work. (Maybe 30 years of woodworking with a stack of hundreds of photos of installations in homes and businesses - almost all of it in pine!)

When traveling I always carry a pocketful of little things to give to people I run into - this guy used a lathe to make furniture parts but had never seen such a thing as a little finger top turned from cocobolo!


JKJ

Re: Glastonbury UK

#3

Re: Glastonbury UK

John McGaw

Had you been there for the festival, no doubt you would have found many more people making creative use of other plant materials... ;-)

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.