WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Posts

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#1

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis E Peacock

4 Dec 2017

Good Morning Everyone,

This past weekend The LOML and I celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary. We went out for lunch and ate steak at John Daly's Steak House, relaxed the afternoon, went downtown and took a horse and buggy ride through downtown Conway near the city center Christmas tree. All in all, it was a very nice weekend. I'm every so thankful that I'm still married to my best friend and wife, Tracy.

Christmas decorations are up, tree is up and decorated. Today, I'm off work and going to try and finish up a chair repair that I've had in my shop for a long time now.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Dennis Peacock

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#2

Joe Bradshaw

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Joe Bradshaw

Hi, Dennis. I spent Sat. cleaning and rearranging my so-called carving studio. I put up two shelves to hold sandpaper containers. I cooked St. Louis style ribs for my girlfriend and me. On Sunday we spent most of the day carving and finishing spoons. A relaxing time away from turning Christmas presents.

Joe

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#3

Sawmillin' n woodturnin'

John K Jordan

Congrats on the anniversary!

I fired up the sawmill and started milling ERC for siding on the new peacock house.


Took a mini donkey to the church for a Christmas program - a friend took some lambs. The donkey was uncooperative and refused to enter the building! Oh well, it was a nice day for a drive. :)

A young friend wanted to make a present for her sister. She picked a very challenging small squarish platter which requires "turning air" for the corners. This was only her 3rd time at the lathe but fortunately she is a quick learner. (Must be, she graduated from college at the head of her class at age 17!) She mastered fine controlled bevel-rubbing cuts with the Hunter Hercules tools even the delicate cuts on the wings, turned the recess and shaped the bottom. Maybe finish up tomorrow evening.


JKJ

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.