WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Posts

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#1

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis E Peacock

27 Nov 2017

Good Morning Everyone,

I just came off of oncall duty. Wasn't terrible but I just don't like the tension that comes with oncall. I've been sick with cold and sinus stuff for the past 10 days. I'm getting better but still, I dislike being sick. No shop work the past week. Thanksgiving was a good day as the family was here to hang out and eat dinner with us. Not much else went on, so I'll stop jabbering. :)

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Dennis Peacock

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#2

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Don Orr

Glad to hear you are on the mend. On-call stinks (been there, done that, no more), being sick stinks-both together exponentially stinks.

Saturday I caught up on some older newspapers while having breakfast and then headed up to the state land where I take care of the xc ski trails. The big loop is done but have the smaller side to do yet. Headed into town to see what the Restore had to offer. Found a few bits and bobs and spent all of $10. Stopped for gas on the way home. Lunch and the out to the shop to cut up a bowl blank and got 2 spoon blanks as well. Cleaned out 3 wheelbarrow loads of chips and scraps from cutting blanks and turning bowls. Started roughing out a deep spoon/ladle.

Sunday was cleaning up my wife's studio/gallery as we had visitors coming over. Worked on the spoon til they arrived. Had a very nice visit and went back out and finished the spoon. Did not turn on a phone or computer all weekend!

Have a great week.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.