WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Rikon arrived this morning.

Posts

Rikon arrived this morning.

#1

Rikon arrived this morning.

Lee

My Rikon 10-326 arrived this morning. ...:) This is a real step up from what I was using before. After a little set up my first cut was a 3/16 thick slice from a 10” wide piece of Oak; and it came out perfect and square. The saw just hums! This opens up a whole new world, I’m smiling ear to ear!

Fit and finish is generally excellent, accept I can notice that the main body of the saw, which comes as an almost complete unit, is sitting a little out of square from the base that I put together myself. This won’t affect the operation of the saw, purely aesthetic; and I am probably to blame for this anyway as I did put the base together; and there is some play in it.

Thanks for all the feedback earlier this week in helping to choose the saw..:)

It was this or the Laguna 14/12.

I’m happy

Lee

Re: Rikon arrived this morning.

#2

Adam of Oakland

Re: Rikon arrived this morning.

Adam of Oakland

cool! yeah nothin like a good bandsaw to help with all the grunt work. last stationery machine i'd ever part with in my garage, for sure.

now quick: order yourself up a few good blades!

also, if you plan on resawing much, a pair of infeed/outfeed rollers make a big difference.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.