WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

mystery tool

Posts

mystery tool

#1

mystery tool

Jerry Gibbs

I have a tool with no instructions or name on tool. Looks like a pantagraph. My guess is that it is for overhead routing, such as used with letter templates. The close up looks like the screw fits in a hole while the rest of the frame moves. Any help on what it is and how it works would be appreciated. Close up is inverted. There is a small nylon tip. Jerry

Re: mystery tool

#2

Re: found it

Jerry Gibbs

It is a pantagraph. The nylon tip is a stylus to trace the pattern. Milescraft 1298.

Re: mystery tool

#3

Re: mystery tool

John C Lucas

Looks a lot like the Crafstman pantograph i bought used this summer. I started to play with it but its going to have to be jury rigged to.work with my porter cable router and right now i have.too many other projects. You can probably find a manual online.

Re: mystery tool

#4

Re: mystery tool

John McGaw

Yep. That matches my recollection. I have one, assuming I can locate all the pieces, in the shop -- still unused after 20+ years.

Re: mystery tool

#5

Craftsman router pantograph manual

John K Jordan

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/491171/Craftsman-335-25187.html

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.