WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Rikon 10-326 bandsaw thought??

Posts

Rikon 10-326 bandsaw thought??

#1

Rikon 10-326 bandsaw thought??

Lee

I’m in the market for a new bandsaw and I am curious if anyone here owns this bandsaw or has anything to say about it?

Currently it’s $1350.00 in Canada, and Lee Valley are giving the mobile base free until the end of the month.

The other bandsaw in the same market is the Laguna 1412. Which I’m interested in. It’s $150 more expensive, and comes without the base.

They seem very similar.

Any thoughts???

Thanks in advance

Lee

Re: Rikon 10-326 bandsaw thought??

#2

Ellis Walentine

Re: Rikon 10-326 bandsaw thought??

Ellis Walentine

I recently visited with Chico Sakman, and he really likes his Rikon. I'm not sure which model he has. Maybe he'll check in and shed some light on the subject for you...

Ellis

Re: Rikon 10-326 bandsaw thought??

#3

Re: Rikon 10-326 bandsaw thought??

john in lutz

Just bought one. Woodcraft had it on sale $899 and a free mobility stand. Went together easily. A lot of youtube videos on it. Made a sled to cross cut and rip logs for turning. I have cut a 12" wet oak log (both cross cut and ripped) with a highlands hardware wood slicer blade for wet wood. It cut right through it with no strain.

Other than that have not had it long enough to offer any other help.

Re: Rikon 10-326 bandsaw thought??

#4

cheap wet wood blades

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.

I don't know how big this saw is so this advice may be irrelevant. Many shops, Misenheimer for example, weld up 1" blades for Woodmiser mills. They are less than $15 prepared for my 20 Delta saw. I think they are 1.5 tpi, but that is from a fallible memory. Needless to say, they rip wet wood, and dry wood, well. And $15 is less than whatever Highland charges.

Re: Rikon 10-326 bandsaw thought??

#5

JL

Re: Rikon 10-326 bandsaw thought??

JL

I have the 10-345 (18" bandsaw) and I like it a lot.

I have used the 10-325 (14" deluxe bandsaw), which is the older model of the 10-326. It also works quite well.

I believe that you would be happy with the 10-326.

Re: Rikon 10-326 bandsaw thought??

#6

Re: Rikon 10-326 bandsaw thought??

HC Sakman

I recently bought this saw from Lee Valley. I will sum up my opinion in one word: Excellent.

For its size, capabilities and built quality... it is indeed an excellent bandsaw. Period.

Laguna had some questionable customer service in CANADA in the past, but this info/opinion was formed approx. 6~7 years ago, they may be improved since then, I don't know the recent/current situation about it.

Chico

Re: Rikon 10-326 bandsaw thought??

#7

Re: Rikon 10-326 bandsaw thought??

Lee

Thank you for all your thoughts...:)

I have just purchased the Rikon 10-326.

Lee

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.