WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

My Shop

Posts

My Shop

#1

Jim in Burlington Ont.

My Shop

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Hi,

I recently moved to Burlington, the new house came with an insulated 1.5 car garage that was custom built at 45 feet long. Insulated , with a 10 foot high ceiling I have begun it's transformation into my new creative space, just thought I'd share. progress shots will follow in time.


Take care, Jim

Re: My Shop

#2

Re: My Shop

Dave Bair

No more closing the shop for winter?

Re: My Shop

#3

Re: My Shop

Don Orr

That's fantastic Jim! Congratulations and I hope you enjoy it for a good long time. I imagine things you have learned over the years will help with layout and organization.

Re: My Shop

#4

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Re: My Shop

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Hi Dave,

Yes those days are gone now...I've been without my shop for about 4 years, times are much better now

Take care, Jim

Re: My Shop

#5

Re: My Shop

jesse cloud

Here in the desert southwest of the US we feel that an air-conditioned shop is posh enough to call a 'Studio.'

Maybe by the same token a winterproof shop in Ontario merits the title of 'studio.'

Congrats, it looks great!!

Re: My Shop

#6

Re: My Shop

Andy Lincoln,in Deaborn MI.

Jim,

Shop looks great. Hoping to see many great things .

Re: My Shop

#7

Where's the lumber rack?

AZ in Colorado Springs

Did you misplace it?

Re: My Shop

#8

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Re: Where's the lumber rack?

Jim in Burlington

The picture was taken before I put it up! Take care, Jim

Re: My Shop

#9

Can I assume ...

Mike Farinella

your shop is heated. I wish mine was - it's the same size as yours. All the best in your new shop.

Re: My Shop

#10

Re: My Shop

TomD

Jesse, only if it has a passthrough. :)

Re: My Shop

#11

Re: My Shop

Lee Schierer in McKean, PA

Congratulations on the new shop. I see most of the tools are still green. You need to bring in some more cherry from down south.

Lee

Re: My Shop

#12

Re: My Shop

Larry Clinton At Frankfort, (Central) Indiana

Congratulations Jim. Hope you spend many happy days there. I have one addition to my shop I hadn't anticipated ~ an old Lazy Boy recliner. Never thought I would want /need one but when I do a project now I do take frequent breaks and I'm afraid it may become one of the most used tools in the shop!

Re: My Shop

#13

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Re: My Shop

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Thanks Larry, Enjoy your pace!

Take care, Jim

Re: My Shop

#14

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Re: Can I assume ...

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Hi Mike, Yes it is heated, after 25 years of woodworking my machines and tools will never know that coldness again...

Take care, Jim

Re: My Shop

#15

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Re: My Shop

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Hi Andy, All is well my Friend!

Take care, Jim

Re: My Shop

#16

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Re: My Shop

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Better than That, Sunnydale Studio has a pottery section complete with a wheel and two kilns! :-)

Take care, Jim

Re: My Shop

#17

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Re: My Shop

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Hi my Good Friend!

Ah yes, more Cherry and Jazz is Up for the task!

It's been a journey for me the last 8 years, 4 without a shop, I have found strength and am back in my happy place again.. My best to you, Sue and family this Thanksgiving

Take Care, Jim

Re: My Shop

#18

A propitious time to buy cherry

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.

The market for cherry has collapsed. Apparently the export market has dried up. Along with demand price has gone way down and quality up.

Re: My Shop

#19

Re: My Shop

HC Sakman

Set it up Jim...set it up first... Paint the walls green as well.

Chico

Re: My Shop

#20

I noticed that too...

John in NM

I was in a retail store and bought a piece of 8/4 curly cherry for $5 a bdft. Must be down around $3.50 or $4 at the real yards, and that's after it rides a train across the country!

Re: My Shop

#21

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Here's My Rack!!!!!

Jim in Burlington Ont.


Here you go, maple, cherry, qs white oak, walnut and shorts

Take Care, Jim

Re: My Shop

#22

Re: Here's My Rack!!!!!

jesse cloud

I'm drooling. Cool rack and really great lumber!

Re: My Shop

#23

Nice Rack !  ;-)


👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.