WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

LV Lumber Racking System

Posts

LV Lumber Racking System

#1

Jim in Burlington Ont.

LV Lumber Racking System

Jim in Burlington Ont.

Hi,

I've been upgrading my new shop, one detail was lumber storage. I decided to try the LV Lumber racking. It's heavy duty and quite robust. I loaded up some of my lumber to give it a go, not sure if I have a lumber hording problem... but the racking is very good!


Take care, Jim

Re: LV Lumber Racking System

#2

Nice rack!

Tony - Memphis

Thanks for sharing. I need to do something that is more space efficient. I built a rack out of 2x4's many years ago. It works, but it does have a large footprint. My wall is 2x4 and sheet rock, so I'd have to consider that. Might be a good investment of time and money though. Thought about hanging the lowest shelf high enough such that I cold push tools against the wall underneath the shelves. Its hard to walk in my shop these days!

Tony

Re: LV Lumber Racking System

#3

Re: LV Lumber Racking System

John McGaw

Agreed. I've had their rack set up for at least 15 years. Very robust. Mine is fastened into a concrete block wall and I'm pretty sure the connections to the wall would fail before the standards.

Re: LV Lumber Racking System

#4

Yes...they are....

Brian Roberts

...quite sturdy!

Ordered mine over ten years ago....no complaints at all.

Recently found some thick walled square steel tubing in the scrap at work.

It was very similar in dimensions to the strap end of the brackets.

A couple quick setups on the mill and I had 9 additional brackets that are the equal of the ones selling for $12.50 each!




Re: LV Lumber Racking System

#5

Re: LV Lumber Racking System

David Yoho

I built my rack system years ago from 2 x 4s lagged into wall studs with arms and braces made from Doug Fir bleacher seat boards. I've got lumber stored on the top shelf I probably haven't seen in 20 years. All waiting for the right project.

Say, is that a piece of 8/4 curly maple I spy on the one shelf?

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.