WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Posts

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#1

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis E Peacock

13 Nov 2017

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm happy to say that the king size bed project is complete. Here's the proof.


I also finished the rework of my first guitar build and it will ship out to Alaska to my high school best friend this week. The LOML and I will be working in the shop some this week to get the chair repair project done.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Dennis Peacock

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#2

johannaj

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

johannaj

Got the new router base attached to the router table - which turned out to be a problem.

The Bosch base that I have used for years broke - the little retaining ring on the height adjustment broke and Bosch did not have a replacement part. So I bought a new one because the new ones have access for height adjustment from above. That sounded great. BUT . . . when I tried to line up the screw holes on the base with the ones on the table plate the did not match. The table plate is a Bosch plate, but at least 15 years old. I finally found the best match and then drilled new holes in the plate for the screws that did not match to existing holes.

So now my router table is in business again.

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#3

router table

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.

For most of my woodworking I was without a router table. They seemed so expensive. Then I got a used on. If it should evaporate I would buy another as soon as I could place the order.

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#4

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments

Mark Mandell - Gone Round In New Jersey

My son's been wanting a workbench to handle all of the tools he got from his grandfather's estate plus give him a place to work. We measured up the section of his garage and planned out a 12' x 3' area to be made with a 2x4 frame and 3 2x12's. Last Friday I picked up the lumber and on Saturday trailered the stock up to his place. We spent most of the day measuring up and making the frame plus gluing up (with dominos) the top, then installed it all in the garage. Solid and dead-nuts level. He learned a bunch and we had a great time. I was also scheduled to replace a frost-free spigot but it turned out to have been a butcher job by some fool who ran straight pipe through a cold foundation area before it got inside the heated portion of the basement. Naturally, the pipe froze and split. I thus cut the lead that was leaking due to a failing stop valve and capped the spud with a shark-bite end stop. Should save him on the water bill.

Sunday was doing the family shopping and then strapping on the new Husqvarna backpack and blowing all the leaves into the wooded areas.

Monday (not the weekend) was Aleve Day. ;)

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.