WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Anybody know batteries?

Posts

Anybody know batteries?

#1

Anybody know batteries?

Barry Irby

Somehow I have four clock movements. I want to make something and Insert them into it either for sale or as gifts. I need the batteries. The slot appears to be shaped like a AAA, but smaller, about an inch long.

I have searched for them but can't get past AAA and the ones shaped like a quarter. Any suggestions?

Re: Anybody know batteries?

#2

Jack Guzman from Maine

N

Jack Guzman from Maine

Sounds like a size "n" . Jewelry department of a department store by the watches or most hardware stores.---Jack

Re: Anybody know batteries?

#3

Thanks, that might work

Barry Irby

I looked the clock over with a bright light and a magnifying glass and found FM-55 on it. If that's the battery, they cost about $20 each. That ain't happening. These stupid little clocks can't be worth over a couple of bucks.

I will check out size N. Thanks.

Re: Anybody know batteries?

#4

Re: Anybody know batteries?

Stuart Johnson

Sounds like an A23 a small 12v 1 inch battery that looks like an AAA.

Re: Anybody know batteries?

#5

Re: Thanks, that might work *LINK*

John McGaw

If the FM-55 is the part number of the movement and it is a little round device then it uses the N size battery which is pretty common and cheap. I have a couple of HP calculators which use them.


Is the it?

Re: Anybody know batteries?

#6

Re: Anybody know batteries?

Ralph Lipeles

Does it have a manufacturer's name or part number where you could hunt it down on line/eBay and see what the sellers say it needs?

Re: Anybody know batteries?

#7

Re: Anybody know batteries?

Jerry Nicholson

Amazon.com shows gobs of N and A23 batteries. The size of these could be found in a google search.

Jerry

Re: Anybody know batteries?

#8

I bought size N, they work, Thanks

Barry Irby

Now if I just had the correct drill bit. Something on the order ot 2 1/2". I have a 2 1/8" forstner and a 2 5/8" but none the right size. I also have hole saws, but none the right size. Looks like I will have to turn them on the lathe.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.