WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Sanding Belt Questions

Posts

Sanding Belt Questions

#1

Sanding Belt Questions

Stuart Johnson

I didn't want to hijack Barry's sanding belt thread so I though I would start a new one.

Is there a directional difference on sanding belts? If so how do you tell what it is and which way it goes on the sander?

Re: Sanding Belt Questions

#2

Re: Sanding Belt Questions

Virgil Johnson

The directional belts I have used in the past had a direction arrow on the inside of the belt.

Re: Sanding Belt Questions

#3

Re: Sanding Belt Questions

Barry Irby

The ones with the diagonal seam with the sort of strapping tape join are generally bidirectional. They will run either way.And, otherwise they will ahve an arrow on the interior.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.