WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

AMT 4671

Posts

AMT 4671

#1

AMT 4671

Shandain

There was a post here last year about an AMT 4671 and the blade holders, a gentleman named Paul Watts looking for replacement parts. I'm hoping he will see this and reply, but if not, does anyone else know where you can get parts for an AMT 4671? I got one from an auction for pretty cheap, and I see its missing a few parts. I'd really like to get this one working if I could. Thanks in advance for any info.

Re: AMT 4671

#2

Re: AMT 4671

ben d.

Find a Hegner scroll saw parts outlet and the blade holders from that saw will fit the amt. I did that once for the same saw.

ben d.

Re: AMT 4671

#3

Re: AMT 4671

Shandain

I was looking at the hegner clamps, and I'm not sure how they would fit the AMT. Did your saw have a slot at the end of the arms that the blade went through after it was tensioned? Mine doesn't and I don't have any way to hold the clamp on the saw. The original had a thin metal strap that it snapped in and out of. I can send pictures if it would help, since I'm not really describing it too well.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I appreciate the help.

Re: AMT 4671

#4

Re: AMT 4671

ben d.

I am giving a link to the hegner saw blade holder that I am referring to. The blade holder just sits on the arm in a v notch and the metal strap on top just keeps it from flying if and when the blade breaks. You could come up with something to take its place or retro fit the hegner to it I think. The blade is held in the holder with a set screw.

Hope this helps.

https://www.thewoodworks.com.au/technical-data-sheets/222-hegner-parts-diagrams

ben d.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.