WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Where did you buy your OEM Jet 16-32 conveyor belt

Posts

Where did you buy your OEM Jet 16-32 conveyor belt

#1

Where did you buy your OEM Jet 16-32 conveyor belt

MartinMJ

I suppose I am one of the luckly ones. Mine partially failed this past weekend after 11 years

of light use. The sandpaper peeled off the backing. The backing will still pull a board through

without slipping.

But it is time to order the replacement. After all the problems documented on non

OEM conveyor belts, where did you purchase yours? Searching with part number 60-0316-P,

Amazon and Ereplacement and a few others list an OEM replacement. The stock

photo is a light colored belt where mine is dark, almost black. I suppose this is

OK since as best I can tell, the -P in the part number indicates a newer version of the

conveyor belt. The price seems to indicate an OEM belt too. My suspicion grows when the

description says 16 inch wide. I read that the OEM belt is 16 1/4 inch wide and this missing

1/4 inch can cause tracking problems.

The Woodcraft and Rockler sites do not bring up a true OEM conveyor belt. I do have a local

Rockler and Woodcraft but I have not seen this belt in the stores. In store ordering is

fine with me if it is not going to take a month wait for the next bulk shipment to arrive.

Dang thing broke when I need it the most.

Re: Where did you buy your OEM Jet 16-32 conveyor belt

#2

Contact JET Tools directly


Re: Where did you buy your OEM Jet 16-32 conveyor belt

#3

That's what I did....

Barry Irby

Contacted Jet and ordered the belt from them. It was about $90, but it went right on without any struggle at all. Worth every penny after struggling with With two from Woodcraft and one form Klingspor. Go for it. They come out of Tennessee.

Re: Where did you buy your OEM Jet 16-32 conveyor belt

#4

Re: That's what I did....

MartinMJ

Thank you Barry for the detailed answer. I was on the Jet site and missed seeing the shopping option. Returned, saw it and ordered a belt. I see the belt image is the same as I had seen on other sites.

Re: Where did you buy your OEM Jet 16-32 conveyor belt

#5

Re: That's what I did....

Barry Irby

Woodcraft told me their belt was OEM. I fell for that twice. Once, and then again after I bought one from Klingspor and struggled with it for about a year. It AAALLLmost worked. It would slowly move across and I had to slide it back about every fifteen minutes. Until I lost track of it under a 24" wide piece and it shredded itself on the frame. Bought the second one and it was worse than the first from a year before. Took it back and order the one form Jet. Obviously not the same belt. Different material and manufacturer.

The previous ones were terrible, but the Jet one worked perfectly. Twice as much money, but worth every penny. I want to work with my machines, not on them.

I hope yours works as well as mine.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.