OT- Wiper Blades!
Tom Norton
I guess it has been awhile since I shopped for wiper blades!! $20+ for 1 at the local auto parts store.
So I started looking online but wonder if any one has a brand & model suggestion?
It is for my 2011 F150.
Thanks!
Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge
OT- Wiper Blades!
Tom Norton
I guess it has been awhile since I shopped for wiper blades!! $20+ for 1 at the local auto parts store.
So I started looking online but wonder if any one has a brand & model suggestion?
It is for my 2011 F150.
Thanks!
Re: OT- Wiper Blades!
Ray Mtn. Home Ar.
For my F150 and my wife's equinox I just use Rain-X from Walmart.
Rock Auto
Dustmaker Mike
Look at Rock Auto .com They have close out blades for $2.00 and up. Just watch out for the shipping. I use them all the time unless I need some now.
Re: OT- Wiper Blades!
John McGaw
Every now and then Amazon has specials on wiper blades. My last purchase for Rain-X Latitude blades were for $9 each. From what I can tell they normally retail for closer to $20 around here.
Re: OT- Wiper Blades!
Bill Tindall, E.Tn.
I haven't noticed that the $20 blades last any longer than the least expensive from Walmart.
Re: OT- Wiper Blades!
Barry Irby
I use the cheap ones form Walmart.
To save even more money, I don't put one on the passenger side at all. Cuts way down on the screaming right before the accident.
You get what you pay for.
DocJim
If more concerned with quality than price I recommend Bosch. They are available on Amazon.
Re: You get what you pay for.
Ron Pemberton
I have Bosch on my pickup. Been there for several years and still wiping good. The pickup is parked in a garage so that probably helps some.
Keep the edge clean
Dustmaker Mike
No matter what blade you choose, keep the edge clean. When I fill up with gas I use the window squeeze to wipe the blade then use a paper towel to run down the edge. You will be surprised at how much gunk comes off the edge. I normally change my blades ever two years with the Michelin Stealth from Rock Auto. Last set I bought was $3.00 a piece and $4.00 shipping. Also super cleaning your windshield with 0000 steel wool then rain X (look at youtube for how to do this) then wipe the edge of the blade with rain X. Works wonders.
Anyone noticed how ...
Stuart E Hough
You usually can't find just the wiper itself...you can only by the frame and wiper assembly? I miss being ble to buy just the wiper refills.
Anyone noticed how ...
Stuart E Hough
You usually can't find just the wiper itself...you can only buy the frame and wiper assembly? I miss being able to buy just the wiper refills.
sorry for the double post. Couldn't find EDIT
what difference do you see
Bill Tindall, E.Tn.
Where I live wipers die by the "rubber" getting hard and the wipers then skiddering across the glass. I don't deal with snow much. I see no difference in $20 blades vs $5 blades in the time to harden the rubber from sun/ozone . After about 6 months to a year the rubber stuff looses flexibility and the wipers quit "flopping on the return pass. Instead they skiddder back in an annoying noise. .
What difference do you see?
Super clean your windshield *LINK*
Dustmaker Mike
It really is easy to do. I do all my windows at least twice a year and I never have the squeak.
It really does work the water or snow just guilds right off the glass. Also clean the edge of the wiper blade with windshield washer fluid then use rain X on them they do last longer.
Super Clean
Re: what difference do you see
Ron Pemberton
Bill, I live in north Texas where we have reasonable high humidity in the summertime, generally mild winters with rarely occasional ice storms rather than snow. I keep my windshield clean, not squeekey, but bug free. I not have hardening of the rubber blades. Luck of the Irish but I am not Irish.
Bosch Icon Wiper Blades