WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Dust collector woes

Posts

Re: Dust collector woes

#26

Re: The guide to ducting

John C Lucas

Could not drop straight down my lathe is under the garage door when kts open. I need to move the dust heads for different sizes and lenghts of turnings so flex hose was the only option.

The whole system works pretty well and now it will be easy to clean out.if need be.

Re: Dust collector woes

#27

Re: The guide to ducting

John C Lucas

Could not drop straight down my lathe is under the garage door when kts open. I need to move the dust heads for different sizes and lenghts of turnings so flex hose was the only option.

The whole system works pretty well and now it will be easy to clean out.if need be.

The planer and router table.are both close.to.the source so they work.very well. My planer is a Dewalt 735 and has a blower for chip.remoeval so that works really well.

Re: Dust collector woes

#28

Re: The guide to ducting

John K Jordan

Maybe someday put in a stronger DC - I think extra power overcomes lots of issues! If I get run over by a truck someday tell my wife I said you can have the cyclone from my shop.

I think mine is overpowered (5hp ClearVue). When working at the lathe I often crack open a blast gate at the bandsaw to reduce the noise from the air. The suction and pickup doesn't seem to be affected. This is with a 4" flex duct connected to a 6" vertical duct in about a 45' run to the cyclone.

JKJ

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.