WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Master woodworkers show

Posts

Master woodworkers show

#1

Master woodworkers show

John C Lucas

Went to Knoxville Tn yesterday to the master woodworkers show. Man there are some good woodworkers in Tennessee. Of course i e known that for a long time since i photographed for many of them. Some you have possibly heard of like Alf Sharp and Jerry Spady. Others like Al.Hudson who is 96 and still making work almost no one knows and yet his veneer and inlay work is up there with anyone. I dont know how long the show will be running. Its at the Art Emporium on Gay Street.

Re: Master woodworkers show

#2

Ellis Walentine

Re: Master woodworkers show

Ellis Walentine

Post pics, John. I haven't seen Alf in years. Glad he's still at it.

Ellis

Re: Master woodworkers show

#3

Re: Master woodworkers show

Tony - Memphis

Gee, I wish some of that would rub off on this end of TN! I'd love to make a run to Knoxville to see that. I am an Alf fan. Wish I could take a class from him. I did get his DVD's on the table.

We did visit the Frist Center in Nashville once. They have some nice old TN pieces. 100+ year old cherry has a radiant glow! Just amazing.

Tony

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.