WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Does anyone know about Milwaukee batteries?

Posts

Does anyone know about Milwaukee batteries?

#1

Does anyone know about Milwaukee batteries?

Barry Irby

I have tried to look this up but can't get past the hype.

Milwaukee apparently makes two different lines of tools. "Regular" and Fuel.

Are the batteries interchangeable? My son has a Kit of 18 volt regular tools. I just bought a SDS Fuel drill at auction. It's a naked tool. No charger or battery. Will his batteries work in this drill?

Re: Does anyone know about Milwaukee batteries?

#2

Re: Does anyone know about Milwaukee batteries?

David Higgins

Barry, a quick search of Milwaukee batteries on Amazon SUGGESTS, but doesn't guarantee, that M18 batteries are interchangeable. My GUESS is that if they aren't interchangeable, they won't install.

Sorry, but that's the best I could do.

Re: Does anyone know about Milwaukee batteries?

#3

Jim DeLaney, Austintown, Ohio

Re: Does anyone know about Milwaukee batteries?

Jim DeLaney, Austintown, Ohio

yeah, they both use the same battery. I have both types of tool.

Re: Does anyone know about Milwaukee batteries?

#4

Re: Does anyone know about Milwaukee batteries?

Garthinsandiego

I understand that all of their 18 volt batteries are "RedLithium" and are fully interchangeable. The "Fuel" designation relates to a more efficient motor design (brushless.)

Re: Does anyone know about Milwaukee batteries?

#5

Thanks, what I needed to know.

Barry Irby

My son will be getting the SDS drill for Christmas.

Re: Does anyone know about Milwaukee batteries?

#6

A follow up question????

Barry Irby

I finally found and address for Milwaukee tools. They sent me and answer. Said I should have the 3 AmpHour batteries for the heavy draw tools like the chop saw and Hammer drill.

This is a 2713-20 SDS drill. My son is not likely to give the tool heavy use. So, will it work at all. Will the operating time just be somewhat limited? Will it hurt either the tool or the battery other than having to recharge more often?

Re: Does anyone know about Milwaukee batteries?

#7

Re: A follow up question????

Dick Coers

As long as the voltage is the same, any amp hour battery will run it.

Re: Does anyone know about Milwaukee batteries?

#8

Re: A follow up question????

Barry Irby

That's what I thought. My son will be a home owner using this occasionally and probably not for extended duty. As long as using it does not let the smoke out of either the drill or the battery, I think I will give him the drill.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.