WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Posts

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#1

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis E Peacock

30 Oct 2017

Good Morning Everyone,

Oncall is finally over and I'm happy that it is. The bed project is gone and waiting for the customer to apply the finish they want on the bed before I help them with the install of the bed. My mom is having major back surgery this week and I need to tend to that, so I'll be out of pocket until we are done at the hospital. If you happen to think good thoughts or pray, please do so for my youngest son, he has a job interview today and I really REALLY need him to get out of the house and work towards his own independence. :)

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Dennis Peacock

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#2

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

William Duffield

I helped organize (with many thanks to Bob Entwisle) and attended a SAPFM meeting at Thaddeus Stevens College in Lancaster PA. Interesting and useful presentations were given by Dan Schwank of Red Rose Reproductions and by our host, Steve Latta.

If you want to know more about the presentations, or SAPFM in general, Bob and I will be glad to discuss it in the Chat Room, starting tonight or tomorrow night around 9:30 p.m. EDT.

By the beginning of the weekend, we had just finished cleaning up downed trees from the previous storm. This morning, my survey of the yard and woods shows that I'm going to have to do it all over again due to last night's storm. This time, it's a cherry tree, which isn't as desirable for fire wood as the black locusts that came down last week. With what's left of this morning, I need to sharpen the chainsaw.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.