WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Table Project

Posts

Table Project

#1

Table Project

Tony-Memphis

This project started as a nightstand. Then I discovered that I don't have enough room for a nightstand. Somehow, I came up with this idea. I will use it as a bedside table for now, and it will be an occasional table sometime. Then I decided to try a compass inlay. Something I have been interested in attempting for a long time. The prototype is MDF and poplar. Not glued or screwed - just sitting there. I am using mahogany for the final. The top inlay is done. I will thumbnail the edged once the joinery is done. I am inlaying the other two shelves as well (different designs). Fun project and I'll be glad to have a place to throw my woodworking mags as I drift off to sleep with visions of dovetails and such.

Re: Table Project

#2

Working on the pics....

Tony-Memphis

Can't seem to get logged in.

Re: Table Project

#3

Re: Working on the pics....

William Duffield

You are having trouble logging in because you don't have aprofile, or you have misspelled your name and WoodCentral can't fine your profile.

Try "Tony - Memphis" instead of "Tony-Memphis".

Re: Table Project

#4

Thanks...

Tony - Memphis

I've run into that issue before.

Re: Table Project

#5

Re: Table Project

Tony - Memphis


Re: Table Project

#6

Re: Table Project

Yonak

It's gonna look great, Tony. I tried a project one time where several sections on different levels were to represent one long member. It was definitely a challenge getting them all lined up right. I don't have any advice .. just patience and persistence. I really like the look, though.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.