WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Walnut in walnut

Posts

Walnut in walnut

#1

Walnut in walnut

John K Jordan

I found this in a walnut 8/4 board today. A walnut nut evidently fell into a crevice in a walnut tree and the tree grew around it. It looked a little more like a nut before I ran it through the planer but I didn't think to take a picture of it then.

I've had this and some other boards from the same tree for maybe 30 years and this was the first time I looked at it closely!

The nut looked like it was past it's prime.


JKJ

Re: Walnut in walnut

#2

Cool!  thanks for sharing


Re: Walnut in walnut

#3

That's Nuts!!!

Don Orr

:D

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.