WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

So I cut up a manufactured table leg....

Posts

So I cut up a manufactured table leg....

#1

So I cut up a manufactured table leg....

Barry Irby

A friend gave me a oak table leg. He had accidentally acquired only one. It was laminated out of three layers of oak and then veneered on all sides with oak. He gave it to me because it was "wood" I like wood.

A mutual friend needs some "grips" on his garage step's rails because he broke his foot. I cut up the table leg to make the grip blocks. Turns out the interior strips were finger jointed and had some knots. Also there were small nails or pins in there that I cut right through. I guess they pined them to help keep them aligned while the glue set. A lot of work to create a 2 1/4" leg.

Be careful scavenging wood.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.