WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Bunk Bed Plans

Posts

Bunk Bed Plans

#1

Bunk Bed Plans

John Foster

Can anyone give me some advice on where to look for some nice plans for bunk beds online. I was searching yesterday, and most of what I found were "make in a day" projects using construction lumber. I want to build something nice for my granddaughters with hardwood. I would like to give my daughter-in-law a few plans to pick from. I am happy to pay for plans, I just have not been able to find a site or sites with a good selection.

Thanks

John

Re: Bunk Bed Plans

#2

JL

Re: Bunk Bed Plans

JL

Wood Magazine has a few interesting plans.

Check Woodcraft.

Re: Bunk Bed Plans

#3

Etsy

DizD

has vendors selling bunk bed plans.

Re: Bunk Bed Plans

#4

Re: Bunk Bed Plans

Don Stephan

Given that bunk beds have greater leverage on rail-to-post connections because they are taller, and that kids aren't always overly gentle with beds (at least I wasn't) should bunk beds use bed bolts and mortise and tenon joinery? I've never looked at bunk bed plans.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.