WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Posts

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#1

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis E Peacock

16 Oct 2017

Good Morning/Evening Everyone,

I've been busy working the day job AND busy in the shop with the king size bed project. Finaly glue up should be tomorrow night after some easier sanding before assembly. The owner/designer is anxious to get this done and installed in their home...almost as much as I'm ready for it to be out of my shop so I can get some shop space back. :)

We did get a bit of rain today but we truly need a good couple of days worth of steady rain to water plants, trees, and remove our burn ban. It's been way too dry for far too long. I'm past ready for more rain. The good thing is that cooler temps have moved in and I'm truly in love with this cooler weather! :)

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Dennis Peacock

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#2

Made it back home

John K Jordan

We finally got some rain too, last weekend and this weekend.

I wrapped up a week at the Outer Banks. It was a terrible job but someone had to do it. Fun with family and grandkids. First time for the new Cherokee to play in the sand. (did fine) Got to drive out on the new island that popped up off the Cape Hatteras point this year.

Good to go and good to get back to the farm.





JKJ

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#3

Ellis Walentine

Deja vu

Ellis Walentine

How long ago was it that you sent in this photo for our wallpaper collection, John?


Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#4

Re: Deja vu

John K Jordan

Ha! It took me a couple of minutes to find it: I took the picture on my 55th birthday, May 22, 2005 at 9:06am

The biggest difference in the site now is another obnoxious cell tower (although I do like having cell service out at the point!) But I have a confession to make - the original photo had a cell tower that I removed with Photoshop. I feel so ashamed...


We've gone to the Outer Banks every year since 1979, sometimes more than once. Well, every year except for last year when the hurricane stopped us in Frank Penta's neighborhood.

I actually took a hat this year intending to get a new sightings photo. Unfortunately it didn't work out. I got to my intended location (on the new Shelly Island) a bit too late with not enough time to set up. The sky was breathtaking but I had no way to light the foreground properly and control the depth of field as the light faded. I took some shots anyway with various exposures but even the Photoshop magic would not have made a believable photo! You can at least see the sky (and sort of where the hat would have been visible otherwise. Ha!


It was still a great time though!

I have taken a few in Europe over the last few years but none good enough to send. Hey, you might be humored by a WC shirt shot, on a bridge in Murano, Venice. Caught yacking with someone, of course!


JKJ

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.