WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Niece's table delivered

Posts

Niece's table delivered

#1

JL

Niece's table delivered

JL

Along w/ hiking in Yosemite, I also delivered this table to my niece.




Re: Niece's table delivered

#2

Re: Niece's table delivered

Barry Irby

I like it. It's a beauty. The benches go well with it. Nice job all around.

Tell her not to sit on the end of the table. Might be a tipping hazard.

And in the back ground I see she installed a burglar entry door. Let's hope the dog is on duty.

Re: Niece's table delivered

#3

Re: Niece's table delivered

Don Orr

Beautiful work-nice to see the completed pieces in their new home.

Re: Niece's table delivered

#4

Re: Niece's table delivered

Hank Knight

Nice work! She will enjoy that for years to come.

Re: Niece's table delivered

#5

Ellis Walentine

Best uncle award

Ellis Walentine

Nice job, JL. She should be very happy to have this heirloom.

Ellis

Re: Niece's table delivered

#6

Bring on the turkey!!

jesse cloud

Great job! Perfect for family Thanksgiving dinner! Sure to become an heirloom.

Re: Niece's table delivered

#7

Re: Niece's table delivered

Lee Schierer in McKean, PA

Very nice. That certainly deserves an extra slice of pie.

Lee

Re: Niece's table delivered

#8

Tasty!

Mark Mandell - Gone Round In New Jersey

There'll be many good memories connected to "Uncle Jerry's Table".

Re: Niece's table delivered

#9

Nice!


Re: Niece's table delivered

#10

Question

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.

Tops that big and thick are not easy to assemble. Will you summarize what you did.

I do one board of the assembly at a time to increase the odds that I can get the joint level to where it will require less sanding/scraping/planing. What did you do?

The sum of it looks as attractive as a Gallery display (though you might have cleared the top more for the picture). Will two matching chairs be in the works?

Re: Niece's table delivered

#11

Re: Niece's table delivered

GolfSteve in Calgary

Nice looking table and benches.

Re: Niece's table delivered

#12

JL

Re: Question

JL

As the boards were quite long (8' + during assembly), I did it one joint at a time.

I planed the boards to thickness (more or less at the same time). I jointed the boards. I glued them up in pairs using clamping cauls. I then glued another board to the pairs and finally the two sets of three boards together.

Re: Niece's table delivered

#13

Jack Guzman from Maine

Re: Niece's table delivered

Jack Guzman from Maine

That is a fine dining set. I'm sure they will treasure it for years to come. Nicely done.---Jack

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.