WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Any word on David Marks and the Santa Rosa fires?

Posts

Any word on David Marks and the Santa Rosa fires?

#1

Any word on David Marks and the Santa Rosa fires?

Chuck Nickerson

It's looking pretty brutal up there and he doesn't keep his blog updated.

Re: Any word on David Marks and the Santa Rosa fires?

#2

Ellis Walentine

Not yet

Ellis Walentine

I left a message on his cell phone, but I haven't heard from him yet. I'll let you know if I get some news.

Ellis

Re: Any word on David Marks and the Santa Rosa fires?

#3

Ellis Walentine

Update

Ellis Walentine

Still haven't heard back from David, but heard through the grapevine that he has evacuated to a safe place about 30 miles away and that they will be returning tomorrow when the curfew is lifted to see how their home and shop made out. Apparently entire subdivisions in his vicinity were wiped out, so it must be a terribly anxious time for them.

Here's wishing them luck.

Ellis

Re: Any word on David Marks and the Santa Rosa fires?

#4

Re: Update

John K Jordan

No response on David's facebook page yet.

Re: Any word on David Marks and the Santa Rosa fires?

#5

Just in, safe and sound...

John K Jordan

From Sasha Marks, posted on Facebook:

So grateful my family & home are SAFE! Dad's woodshop & life's work are SAFE and they are back home cleaning up the property. Also, am very proud of them (David Marks & Victoria Marks) for their calm and resiliency during this time of crisis. ...


JKJ

Re: Any word on David Marks and the Santa Rosa fires?

#6

As a no-Facebook person, Thanks!


Re: Any word on David Marks and the Santa Rosa fires?

#7

Re: As a no-Facebook person, Thanks!

John K Jordan

Chuck, I've dropped Facebook myself and haven't even checked it for many months. Thanks to your question I remembered I had communicated with David that way with so I checked. I was glad to see that note from Sasha!!

JKJ

Re: Any word on David Marks and the Santa Rosa fires?

#8

As I curate my input sources,

Chuck Nickerson

my productivity increases. My fresh inspirations for projects weren't coming from facebook, so it needed to go.

What's fascinating is how wide-ranging the sources of inspiration are. The logo for an Icelandic roadside café I visited in June could keep me busy (as a hobbyist) for the next six months. The variations will work in veneer and metal, and scale from earrings to 6' freestanding sculpture.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.