WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Chest of drawers-arched drawer framing

Posts

Chest of drawers-arched drawer framing

#1

Chest of drawers-arched drawer framing

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.



More common when a top row of arched drawers is made the maker cheats and the arch is applied over a rectangular opening. This way simplifies drawer support. But with all the time I saved overcutting dovetails :) I can make a true arched drawer.





The support is shown in pictuers 2&3. The space above the middle drawer will be covered. I just laid a board over this space for the picture to show where this cover will be applied. This cover/deck provides a place to store a hidden box of valuables.

Re: Chest of drawers-arched drawer framing

#2

Re: Chest of drawers-arched drawer framing

Brian Holcombe

Nice looking framing Bill!

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.