WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Posts

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#1

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis E Peacock

9 Oct 2017

Good Morning Everyone,

It's been a busy week last week at the day job and I've made more progress on the king size bed project. The designer/owner of the bed is learning a lot about woodworking from me and we are enjoying the fellowship with each other as we continue to work through the project. The expectation is that we should finish the build process by next week and then they need to decide on what the finish will be. I've made a cutting board with a matching (or similar) bread/cheese board and I helped a local young woodworker fix some problems on a project that he is working on. Spent some time with the family this weekend and enjoyed the Olympic Qualifying sports on TV this weekend. The LOML and I both love Olympic style sports.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all!

Dennis Peacock

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#2

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Mark Nowicki

Putzed around in the shop.

Flattened and waxed my bench, somewhat fettled (220 grit only) the Stanley 4 1/2 I got last year and tried it on some cherry.

Watched a Paul Sellers video and make an oiler in a can as per his instructions.

Played around with my planes using my INCA top as a reference flat surface.

The best one is the Stanley 8.

Sharpened a few blades.

Re purposed a couple of ladder bookshelves I build for the twins about 15 years ago.

All my seventies vintage Hi-Fi is functioning again, especially my Marantz 6300 turntable.

Had Thanksgiving supper on Sunday, afterwards the kids wanted to hear Sgt Pepper.

It was a great week-end.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.