WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Pin Nailer nails

Posts

Pin Nailer nails

#1

Pin Nailer nails

Dustmaker (Mike)

I didn't want to hijack the thread below with my simple question. I have a Bosh pin nailer and have been using it to put trim work around cabinets. They are maple ply and I am using maple trim. Most of the nails just break the surface and some stay proud. I increased the pressure to 100PSI but they seem to be 50/50. I am using Harbor Freight nails and I am getting a lot of jams.

So is anyone else using harbor freight nails? What ones do you find work better?

I am really getting tired of clearing jams and proud nails.

Thanks

Mike

Re: Pin Nailer nails

#2

Re: Pin Nailer nails

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.

I use brand name nails and nailer and have never had even one jam, or any other problem.

Re: Pin Nailer nails

#3

Re: Pin Nailer nails

Barry Irby

I use a Harbor Freight gun and brand name nails I bought from Lowe's. I thought they were Porter Cable but I see they have Hitachi now. I have never had a single misfire. Its a cheap looking gun, but has performed flawlessly. I would buy a variety pack of various lengths of quality nails and give them a try. A thousand are less than $10. That would be a lifetime supply for me.

They hold better than I thought they ever would.

Re: Pin Nailer nails

#4

Re: Pin Nailer nails

Dustmaker (Mike)

Yup that is what I thought. Name brand gun and cheap nails. I will get a few boxes of name brand and see how they work.

Thanks

Re: Pin Nailer nails

#5

Re: Pin Nailer nails

William Duffield

I use Grex pins in my Freeman 23 gauge headless pinner. Never had a jam. I don't keep track of what length pins I use, but I have them in sizes from 1/2" to 1" long.

Re: Pin Nailer nails

#6

Jim DeLaney, Austintown, Ohio

Re: Pin Nailer nails

Jim DeLaney, Austintown, Ohio

I use the Senco pins. Hartville Hardware stocks them - a good excuse for you to make a trip down there... :D

Re: Pin Nailer nails

#7

If I was in town

Dustmaker (Mike)

I am in Sleepy Hollow Tarrytown NY this week next week home then off to Omaha then St Louis then Sao Paulo Brasil. I think I have a few weeks at home in Dec but I am not sure yet.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.