WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Source for 10" RAS blade 3/4" arbor

Posts

Source for 10" RAS blade 3/4" arbor

#1

Source for 10" RAS blade 3/4" arbor

Bruce Schoenleber

I have a vintage 10 inch Comet radial arm saw (RAS). I have not found a source for a good negative rake blade with a 3/4 inch arbor. All of the available blades have a 5/8" arbor. I bought a decent NR blade with 5/8 arbor and bore it out myself to 3/4, but I was off by maybe .010 inch which introduces some vibration. I could live with it, but am sufficiently OCD that it ticks me off. Your suggestions for a blade source are welcome.

Thanks,

-bruce

Re: Source for 10" RAS blade 3/4" arbor

#2

Re: Source for 10" RAS blade 3/4" arbor

John McGaw

Any decent machinist could bore out your blade to within 0.001 accuracy in short order. But if you wish to be more direct about it Forrest will sell any of their blades with a custom bore for around $10 above the standard price.

Re: Source for 10" RAS blade 3/4" arbor

#3

Re: Source for 10" RAS blade 3/4" arbor

Gary Smyth

1-800-733-7111 Forrest might be able to do it for a Radial Arm Wood Worker I. I had an undersized 5/8" bore that they did for me. It was their blade done wrong, but they might be willing to do what you want.

Re: Source for 10" RAS blade 3/4" arbor

#4

Re: Source for 10" RAS blade 3/4" arbor

Bruce Schoenleber

Thank you Gentlemen, I will check out Forrest.

Re: Source for 10" RAS blade 3/4" arbor

#5

Re: Source for 10" RAS blade 3/4" arbor

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.

Misenheimer, Morristown TN

Any real saw shop can bore a hole in a blade you supply.

Re: Source for 10" RAS blade 3/4" arbor

#6

Re: Source for 10" RAS blade 3/4" arbor

joe mohnike

You could also look at the blades Shop Smith offers, which I think are 1" bore, you can get or have a bushing made to reduce it to 3/4. The bushing could be used on other blades.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.