WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Posts

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#1

WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis E Peacock

14 Aug 2017

Good Evening / Morning,

I'm starting a we-bit early because I need to. :)

The LOML and I just got back from Ketchikan, AK for a 1 week vacation trip. My high school best friend lives there and we stayed with him and his wife while there and we got to go salmon fishing.

Here's me, the boat owner (Guy), and my best friend:


And here is the LOML with her prize catch:


That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Dennis Peacock

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#2

Re: Wow! Looks like fun!


Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#3

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

Hank Knight

My neighbor's kid, Jackson, is seriously into baseball. His dad mentioned to me that Jackson was lusting after a wooden bat. I happened to have four ash blanks suitable for a baseball bat so I invited him to bring Jackson and we would turn a bat. Big hit! Jackson, his dad and little sister spent Saturday afternoon in my shop and we turned a pretty decent baseball bat. I'm not much at the lathe, but this was a big success.

[url=https://postimages.org/][/url]

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#4

Baseball bat

John K Jordan

Nice! Now you have to find out what would interest the little sister. Might change her life forever. :) Maybe a Harry Potter magic wand? She might want to change her brother into a frog occasionally.

JKJ

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#5

Re: Good Idea!


Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#6

Re: Baseball bat

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.

I made many bats for my daughters. Bats can be made to look special by flaming them and then sand off the char from the dense spots.

Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#7

Re: Thanks for the tip!


Re: WC Weekend Accomplishments....

#8

Ellis Walentine

Whoa!

Ellis Walentine

You clearly win the weekend accomplishments prize this week, Dennis. What a great trip it must have been.

Thanks for posting pics. I'll bet that fish tasted great.

Ellis

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.