Dovetailing drawer dividers, hand tool approach
Bill Tindall, E.Tn.
PIC 
The chest of drawers I am building for son-in-law will have both horizontal and vertical dividers as shown in this picture of an earlier chest I built. I like to dovetail the vertical dividers. I think it ensures the horizontal dividers supporting the divided drawers stay the same distance apart over time even with the weight of these drawers bearing along them.
I routed out most of the waste for the dovetail sockets for the horizontal dividers, then chopped the final fit with a chisel. I started to set up to do the same for the vertical dividers, but the router set-up became tedious. I decided to just do the socket as I have done before, by hand.
PIC1
Step 1 is to lay out the size and location of the socket. Dividers are handy for this task, and a lot of others. I have lots of small dividers I can use for establishing accurate distances with a pin prick of the end. The location of the divider is marked on all the mating pieces after they are clamped together. Marking them together ensures the location is at least the same on the four horizontal dividers that house the vertical dividers.
PIC2 
I use a guide block to make the vertical cut to ensure it is vertical. If I had more confidence sawing I would just saw it. But son-in-law may want these dovetails to show (I normally cover them with an applied thin face molding). If they show they need to fit perfect. The angled cut is done off the line for the sloped part of the socket.
PIC 3
Next, most of the waste is chiseled out.
PIC4,5

I use a guide block to chisel the angled side of the socket.
PIC6
Finally, the depth of the socket is refined with the router plane. It all went about as fast as the whole of using a router- set up, route, clean up the mess.