WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Rikon BS in LV

Posts

Rikon BS in LV

#1

Rikon BS in LV

H.C. Sakman (Chico)

Hello Everybody,

I am thinking about buying the large model of Rikon bandsaw Lee Valley is selling.

It appears to be a well made saw, any opinions/experiences?

What other place than here to ask this question?

Thanks in advance,

Chico

Re: Rikon BS in LV

#2

Re: Rikon BS in LV

Dave's Not Here

I own a 10-325 and am overall very happy with it. The quality is very good and if you ever need it, their customer service dept. is excellent.

Re: Rikon BS in LV

#3

JL

Re: Rikon BS in LV

JL

I have the Rikon 10-345 18" bandsaw. I've had it for many years.

Excellent bandsaw. I've used the 10-325 14" bandsaw. Another excellent bandsaw.

Re: Rikon BS in LV

#4

JL

Re: Rikon BS in LV

JL


Re: Rikon BS in LV

#5

Re: Rikon BS in LV

H.C. Sakman (Chico)

Thanks JL,

This is the one I am looking at.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.aspx?p=75265&cat=1,41036,75262

Chico...

Re: Rikon BS in LV

#6

JL

Re: Rikon BS in LV

JL

That looks similar too the one I've used at the Folk School (I could be wrong about the model #). It works well.

I chose the 10-345 because I wanted a beefy bandsaw.

As I said, mine has worked fine and the one I've used at the Folk School has also performed well.

Re: Rikon BS in LV

#7

Re: Rikon BS in LV

Dave's Not Here

That model replaced the 10-325.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.