WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

SuperMax 19-38 Conveyor Belt is Splitting

Posts

SuperMax 19-38 Conveyor Belt is Splitting

#1

SuperMax 19-38 Conveyor Belt is Splitting

John Foster

The conveyor belt on my SuperMax 19-38 drum sander is starting to come apart at the seam. The split starts about 1" in from the drive end and extends 1/3 of the way to the open end. Is there any tape I could put on the underside? Or any other fix ? Or do I need a new belt? If so should I buy from SuperMax; or are aftermarket belts available?

Thanks

John

Re: SuperMax 19-38 Conveyor Belt is Splitting

#2

Re: SuperMax 19-38 Conveyor Belt is Splitting *LINK*

Ron Pemberton

I ordered a belt for my Performax 16-32 from 2Sand.com. It has been on there for 6 months, used 4-5 times a week, and has performed well. I'd order another if the need arises.


http://2Sand.com

Re: SuperMax 19-38 Conveyor Belt is Splitting

#3

Re: SuperMax 19-38 Conveyor Belt is Splitting

Barry Irby

I have a 16/32 Performax bought used. The belt that came with it split like yours. I bought a new belt form WoodCraft and got about five years out of it. Bought another and could not make it track. Bought a film backed belt from Klingspor. It worked, bout had to be very tight to avoid slipping. The drive roller would just spin inside the belt unless it was very tight. It was brittle and shredded itself. I'm back tot eh one I can not make track while WoodCraft gets me a new one they assure me comes from Jet. It's on sale for $40. We will see. I tried glueing the original one, No luck.

I Think I would go with the original.

Re: SuperMax 19-38 Conveyor Belt is Splitting

#4

Re: SuperMax 19-38 Conveyor Belt is Splitting

Dave Nichols

I'm just wondering how long the belt lasted before starting to spilt. I had to buy a new belt for my delta, I got it from Industrial Abrasives. It's been on for almost 10 years and still holding up OK.

Re: SuperMax 19-38 Conveyor Belt is Splitting

#5

Re: SuperMax 19-38 Conveyor Belt is Splitting

John Foster

Mine lasted about 3 years. Iam a hobbiest , some days it gets used a ton, sometimes it sits unused.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.