WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

where to find drawer slide "lock" thingies

Posts

where to find drawer slide "lock" thingies

#1

where to find drawer slide "lock" thingies

ronster

I have some rolling shop cabinets with drawers. The drawers used to lock closed, sort of. There's a rubber "bushing?" on the rear of the slides that holds them closed. They've worn out. New ones could slide right on if I knew what they're called and where I could get some.

??

Re: where to find drawer slide "lock" thingies

#2

Re: where to find drawer slide "lock" thingies *LINK*

Clifton C

These are the ones we use that have a black rubber thingy at the end, haven't been able to find the bushing as a replacement part but if this is your drawer guide, it might be a place to start. Good luck.

cc


Knape & Vogt

Re: where to find drawer slide "lock" thingies

#3

that's it; thanks; I emailed K&V; we'll see


Re: where to find drawer slide "lock" thingies

#4

I guess they are KV?

Dick Coers

Accuride has a lifetime warranty on all their slides. Free rubber stops or slide replacement with a phone call to customer service.

Re: where to find drawer slide "lock" thingies

#5

KV v. Accuride

ronster

Thanks for making me look closely Dick. They are Accuride.

So I contacted KV first, a day earlier. I haven't heard back from them yet.

Accuride responded quickly, and asked for pics and my mailing address to mail me new "detent bumpers". I got 20 years out of the original ones.

Re: where to find drawer slide "lock" thingies

#6

Re: KV v. Accuride

Jim Dillon

Good to know regarding the excellent customer service from Accuride. I used their sliders in my kitchen redo 22 years ago and have had zero problems. Jim

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.