WoodCentral Forums

Est. 1998 — 27 years of woodworking knowledge

Acu-slicer

Posts

Acu-slicer

#1

Acu-slicer

Gary clarke

Has anyone used the bandsaw attachment called the Acu-slicer? Is you have how do you like it?

Thanks

Re: Acu-slicer

#3

Re: Acu-slicer

Stuart Johnson

There are a couple users over on segmentedturner that like it. I would consider one but the price is a killer.

Re: Acu-slicer

#4

Re: Acu-slicer

Barry Irby

I have been considering making something like that for years. I hadn't seen that one, thanks for bringing that to my attention. Wonder what blade he is using? Not sure about the idea of advancing the piece after each cut. Hmmm? OTOH, it sure looked easier than the times I cut veneer on my saw.

Re: Acu-slicer

#5

Re: Acu-slicer

Larry

Doesn't look like it would be that hard to make.

Re: Acu-slicer

#6

The fine adjustment mechanism would be rough

Dick Coers

There looks to be a bronze nut in the fine adjustment. It would be for a smooth fit on the outside diameter, and limited backlash in the threads. Not difficult with the proper machinery, but I would not call it easy work.

Re: Acu-slicer

#7

Re: The fine adjustment mechanism would be rough

Larry

The Aluminum track is hard to fine over 36" in length.

👍 This page answered my questions

Your vote helps other woodworkers quickly find the answers and techniques that actually work in the shop.