- Packed well, machine was insulated/protected well from outside damage.
- All the parts were there, assembly was a breeze! all in all about 1 hour.
- Table surface was in good order and smooth.
- Manual was easy to read.
- 1hp is ample and results in a lot of power for resawing, and
- Tilting table mechanism is adequate and stable.
- The blade pocket in the table was slightly deeper than the removable insert and required a minor filing with a rat tail to round over the edges. (we are talking some 0.003 +/-, just enough that a sharp edge of a maple or oak would catch after passing the blade)
- Had to tweak the guide bearings and the cool blocks.
- Two people!!! the cabinet and motor are easy, but, that darn head stock is a tad more than one person should try!!!
- Sulfolk blades.
- Roll around base or make sure you have a flat floor.
I would recommend to anyone to check out Jet cabinet band saws.
THANKS FOR A GREAT FORUM!!!!!
Ordie Wilkinson - 3/6/98