Hand Tools

Subject:
Re: full set Fin....
Response To:
Re: full set Fin.... ()

David Weaver
Thanks! I often don't keep the 1/4" chisel as finely set up at the edge (which means just flat bevel and such). No dedicated chisel on hand for things like DT cuts between the tails, and I like to *not* have to think about taking it easy on them. (plus, these are about the mellowest sharpening decent chisels I've ever come across).

These are going in the mail soon - I'm on the fence after finishing a couple of more 26c3 chisel set (which is going to take eons at the rate I'm doing them) about grinding a bunch of these and just selling them at cost of materials (i like to do it -it's like meditating at this point). Cost as they're shown is about $30.

what I think I'm eventually going to run out of, though, is people willing to grip a handle. If I didn't have a day job, this whole chisel making thing would get out of control, let alone grinding cheapies. there is *flow* (a pleasant state of detachment with the world) with it that I don't get when building furniture. Sometimes, the flow is broken by contact of fingers with a 36 grit belt, though. :| A different flow (red one) follows, but modern glues allow shortening of the underhill state of being and back to the original flow.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081