Hand Tools

Subject:
608C *PIC*

Glen Yoder
I went through a divorce and sold hundreds of my tools at auction. I kept the good ones and I have space now to do a little bit of hand tool woodworking, I am gradually getting back into it. My daughter wanted my tool box, I took a few of the tools and left the rest. I found a nice vintage workbench at a garage sale, it cost me as much to rent a truck to haul it home as the bench cost. I have bought a few tools at garage sales over the past few years. I cleaned out a closet in my bedroom over the weekend and was looking around to see what to organize next and saw my pile of tools on one of the bottom shelves. I pulled them all out and at the bottom of the pile was an early (type 3 or 4) 608C jointer. I thought for a minute and remembered buying it at a flea market; the guy pretty much knew what he had and was asking $120. I dickered for a little and we sttled on $100 for the plane and he threw in a small logo Griswold #8 frying pan. It will clean up nice, needs a new tote and a Hock iron but the japanning is pretty good and I will just put a standard #8 lever cap on it, I am on Lexapro for OCD and that won't bother me. I have never had a #8 size jointer that I tuned to use so this will be a great project. I turned a display piece this weekend, nothing to do with hand tools but I am just posting a pic here for convenience.

Messages In This Thread

608C *PIC*
Re: 608C
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081