Hand Tools

Subject:
Re: Question from Practical Planning Anonymous

David Weaver
I went through my videos - it's from 5 years ago. I've gotten better at convex planes, but the rest of the information is relevant.

What I didn't know at the time, though, was that I had gotten a new phone, and was moving all over the place. The stabilization on the video made people very seasick (and I was a little harsh on the fellow on the blue forum who insisted that nobody should ever lap a plane by hand and that they'd ruin one - to send one to him instead. I think he felt like he was giving an honest answer, but didn't know that it wasn't good advice for anyone who has the skill to work wood with hand tools). I didn't name anyone in it, but it sounds like cynical me when I allow it to run in the background and listen to the audio.

send me an email at my address here - the video is marked private, but I may be able to figure out how to send you a link to view it (I need your email address attached to youtube). The reason I don't just pop it back up is people seem to be able to find things like that, and though I did get a lot of grief for suggesting that a few thousandths of concavity is a problem, now I remember that the real reason that I took it down was a rash of comments from folks saying they were getting seasick watching it. If you bob around on a yoga ball while you watch it, I don't think you'll notice, though.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081