Turning Archive 2008

Subject:
Re: Rottenstone
Response To:
Re: Rottenstone ()

Bill Crommett
>What a great response> Nobody hijacked my thread, but I still didn't find the answer to my question even though I learned a lot about Pumice, Rottenstone, Scotchbrite, Tripoli, and steel wool, as well as the proceedure for using the Rottenstone and Pumice on fine furniture.

John: the Scotchbrite grades have been a question to me for some time, even though I have been using them in four grades for years. I have copied your response and it will hang on my supply cabinet door along with my directory sheet on sandpaper with different standards.

The reason I asked the question in the first place is that after applying 20 or 50 coats of Deft spray to an Urn I am making, I learned that Mark Kauder says that Deft is a NO-NO, apparently because it is too brittle and will deteriorate with wood movement. So I am in the process of removing the Deft, which if you have never tried it , is a difficult procedure. That is when I discovered some Rottenstone and Pumice that has set in my cabinet unopened for many years, and I am nosy.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081