Turning Archive

Subject:
on the other hand...

GaryG in MD
I also purchased two drive belts for my Jet 1236 because the last one I purchased (from an independent source, below) shredded in about a year of little use. The original lasted 15 years. I suspect the usual poor quality replacement parts we see in automotive and other venues.

I purchased one from eReplacementParts.com for $19+
I purchased a backup from Jet for $19 when I bought the cap.

The first belt just came in the mail today. The real cardboard packaging sleeve has a totally different part number printed directly on it. The Jet/Wilton number was on a small sticky label pasted on the back to indicate that this is actually the part I ordered.

I just did an "equivalence" check on the real package number and found that I could have bought it from V belt Global Supply LLC for $1.21. Live and learn.

So for you Jet 1236 owners out there, your Reeves drive belt is actually a 3L230, also sold as a Gates Truflex 1230. A number of suppliers have them listed for under $5.
The one that failed after a year was from eReplacementParts. Now you see why I bought a spare.

The cap from Jet was $22.55 + tax + s/h, which I suppose will seem fair until I get a look at the real part number and look for the equivalent. :-p

Messages In This Thread

on the other hand...
Re: on the other hand...
Thanks, Mike
© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081