Hand Tools Archive

Subject:
Re: Slowness
Response To:
Re: Slowness ()

Sgian Dubh
David, nowadays I mostly work freelance. I used to be employed full-time in the Higher Education sector up until three years ago, but also designed and made furniture on a part-time basis for clients and for sale through exhibitions and galleries.

Nowadays, in my varied roles, forced on me through redundancy from my teaching role mentioned above, I have a contract three days a week as a joinery apprentice mentor, I do some part-time teaching on furniture/joinery courses as an employee, take on furniture/joinery making projects for local businesses in their workshops, do some occasional well paid consultancy work, and write for money (hopefully) on furniture related topics. I used to write articles for woodworking magazines, but gave that up because the remuneration was not especially rewarding, and some editors could really make a mess of a coherent manuscript, which I found especially annoying (e.g., whole paragraphs moved out of place so that the text made no sense.) Current writing exploits centre on a book it took me some ten or so years to create that a publisher is putting together as I type, with an aim to get the thing to the printer by the end of this year - the book is again in some way related to furniture and woodworking.

Does that help you get a picture of what I get up to? You could also have a bit of a scan of my website, if you haven't already done so. Slainte.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081