Hand Tools Archive

Subject:
Windsor chair production *PIC*

Jack Guzman from Maine
I was asked to post a few chair pictures. This is the latest batch from my shop. I dislike finishing so instead of spending days finishing after building a chair,I pile them up so I can finish a bunch all at once. This first one is a continuous arm rocker that I painted with a recipe that Peter Galbert made to match a piece of old mahogany furniture in his house. It's interesting to do. The first coat is mustard yellow followed by a mixture of barn red and yellow. The final coat,a thin wash coat is a mix of red yellow blue and black.

This next is a set of fan backs to go with a fourth,previously made, to go around my dining room table. They are the same color as the rocker.

The next chair is a loop back that is the last of a set of four that I built for a local b&b. The color is black over red.

The last picture is of a high chair. Curtis Buchanan put out a set of plans for it recently and this is my first attempt at it. It has some flaws but I think the next one should come out alot better. This one is also black over red.

thanks for looking---Jack

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081