Messages Archive

Subject:
a caution to microwave wood driers *PIC*

Bill Tindall, E.Tn.

Microwaves are designed to match the microwave radiation to the microwave absorption of the water molecule, for obvious reasons given their normal function. If the oven is used to dry a small piece of wood or wood to 0% water the 1000 watts of microwave power will only be partially absorbed by the small piece of wood or the dry wood. The rest will be bouncing around and may result in the damage described in the attachment.

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081