Messages Archive

Subject:
OT Dryer venting

Mike L
Howdy All

Before we moved in we had the house inspected. One of the problems noted was a dryer hose disconnected from the exhaust run. Yesterday my wife was doing laundry and the dryer was not working so good to dry clothes. So I went under the house to see if the hose was hooked up. It was, so I popped it off to see what I could see. Well the run is around 20 feet or so to the side wall. I noticed what looks like a nest of some sort in it. It is all 4 inch metal piping. I have a vent cleaning brush that will reach all the way to the exhaust so I can evict what ever is living in it (if anything). My question is I think I need to put a booster fan on the exhaust run because of 3 elbows and a 20 foot run. The chooses I have is a current switched fan or a pressure switched fan.

Anyone have experience with either of these? I am looking at getting an indirect fan so the lint will not go though the fan. It will be under the house hanging from a joists. Wiring is easy to get to if any of that makes a difference.

Mike

© 1998 - 2017 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by
any means without the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 493, SPRINGTOWN, PA 18081