Since 1998, woodworkers of all stripes have met here in our forums and chats to share a wealth of good information, offbeat humor and a unique camaraderie. In that time, we've accumulated thousands of woodworking articles, reviews, "shop shots" and other features, as well as a million or more archived messages on just about every woodworking subject.
Browse at your leisure, stay as long as you like, and don't hesitate to provide us your suggestions and feedback.
WoodCentral is, and always has been, by and for YOU!
. . . Ellis Walentine, Host
Our forums are the heart of WoodCentral, where visitors come for timely and informative answers to every imaginable woodworking question. The depth of knowledge and experience you will find here is world class. Refresh this page for most recent information on new posts.
- Get timely answers to your general woodworking questions here!
Most Recent Post Saturday, 1 October 2022, at 9:55 a.m.
- HAND TOOLS
- Discuss hand tools, techniques and related subjects with other hand tool enthusiasts.
Most Recent Post Saturday, 1 October 2022, at 1:13 p.m.
- Air your turning questions and wisdom here. Post your triumphs and failures for constructive feedback.
Most Recent Post Thursday, 29 September 2022, at 4:54 p.m.
- Buy, sell and trade woodworking tools and materials here. No commercial posts, please.
- Questions, suggestions, and announcements about the technical aspects of this site.
Most Recent Post Saturday, 1 October 2022, at 2:00 p.m.
- OFF TOPIC
- Off-topic posts, test posts—a place to experiment and play around.
Most Recent Post Thursday, 29 September 2022, at 1:35 p.m.
And much more...
- Here you'll find a wealth of diverse woodworking information, insight and constructive criticism.
- BOOK REVIEWS
- Read short, to-the-point reviews of classic and not-so-classic books on wood and woodworking by former resident bibliophile, Barb Siddiqui and others.
- Here’s your chance to create a personal online gallery of your finished work or other woodworking interests. You can invite discussion and share your ideas with the online community. This is primarily a woodworking gallery but you may post images of your other artistic endeavors, too.
- NEWS & VIEWS
- Read excerpts from early surveys conducted on the WoodCentral messageboards, as they appeared in our columns in Woodworker West magazine. News & Views is still published bimonthly.
- RUSS'S CORNER
- Here is a collection of articles by a dearly departed woodturner, author and WoodCentral regular Russ Fairfield on topics of interest to turners — design, finishing, technique, you name it!
- SHOP SHOTS
- Here's where you can share glimpses of your shop, woodworking tips, methods of work, mug shots, or anything else that might interest other woodworkers. Send us YOUR photos and descriptions today!
- SHOP TOURS
- This site is maintained by Rod Peterson, former Badger Pond volunteer and Shop Tour producer. Rod is keeping the Shop Tour tradition alive, with tours of the shops of WoodCentral and former Badger Pond visitors. Lotta good ideas here!
- SPLENDID SPLINTERS
- Check out our great collection of essays from the great northeastern forest of New Hampshire and Vermont, ably compiled by woodsman and lifelong lumber purveyor, David Mather. Enjoy these wonderful insights into the trees and the biosphere they live in.
- TALES FROM GRANDPA AUGUSTUS
- Gather around and enjoy Forrest Addy's fantastic accounts of logging in the Pacific Northwest at the turn of the century!
- VIDEO REVIEWS
- WoodCentral presents this collection of short, pointed reviews of recent and classic woodworking-related DVDs and videos.
This site is dedicated to Jim Cummins, our co-founder, who passed away on May 9, 1999. WoodCentral owes a debt of gratitude to Jim's wisdom, compassion, woodworking knowledge and indefatigable sense of humor.