WC logo MENU
View ThreadPost ResponseReturn to IndexRead Prev MsgRead Next Msg
Turning
Thoughts on bandsaws......
Posted By roger lance
Date Sunday, 27 March 2022, at 12:35 p.m.

roger lance
To all you turners out there, I humbly ask for your opinions on bandsaws capable of resawing with 12" capacity or more. Most of you have a lot of experience with this level of bandsaw as most of you are making large turning blanks on your bandsaw.

I'm just a misplaced flat worker that does a little turning on an older Delta 12" lathe.....and who also has an older Delta 14" bandsaw with just 6" of height capacity. I'm returning to making furniture and will be needing to resaw my drawer sides and also be able to book-match the occasional panel.....this calls for a bandsaw with greater capacity than I have.

I know that I could go the riser block method.....but, I have two issues: Delta hasn't had a riser block kit available for their saws for 20 years....so, I'd have to use someone else's kit and try to get that to work.....and secondly, I only have a 3/4 hp motor on my saw. So, I'm thinking of buying a larger resaw bandsaw......but, not a monster as I don't need one.

My current candidate is a Rikon 10-326......any thoughts or experience with this saw or this company?? Any other candidate saw that you might recommend??

Thanks much.....keep turning.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name
Your E-Mail Address
Subject
If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later, please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):
Password
 If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box
Accept Terms of Service

View ThreadPost ResponseReturn to IndexRead Prev MsgRead Next Msg

faq
Frequently Asked Questions on using forums

Oneway Manufacturing - Superor Design, Legendary Quality

Shop Amazon using this affiliate link, and Amazon will pay WoodCentral a commission on anything you buy. The commission is used in paying the costs of maintaining this site, and the price you pay on Amazon is NOT affected by using this link.

Messages Hand Tools Turning Classifieds Feedback SANDBOX
Copyright © 1998-2022 by Ellis Walentine. All rights reserved.
No parts of this web site may be reproduced in any form or by any meanswithout the written permission of the publisher.

WOODCENTRAL, P.O. BOX 274, COOPERSBURG, PA 18036